“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Another Year

Birthdays can be a lot of fun, especially when your friends remember the real you with meaningful gifts.
The cards were fun too - lots of cats and farm animals. 
Interesting!
Chicken socks. Yes!
 Hand stitched and quilted love, with a personal note, and some flavored coffee beans too!
 A few new treats from a trip from our past that made me smile.
 And my magnet from Norma who also shared her fabric stash.
Best is seeing friends. 
I got to do that last week when I stayed in my old neighborhood and enjoyed some home cooking and good conversation with Ann, Norma and Enid (my old running partner). 
I also got to share eggplant fries and dinner with Carlene. 
Host Mike poured the wine.
Food and friends - a great combination!
 Then I got a visit from Ann's hubby Rick as he was walking a friend's dog.
It was so good catching up and looking back.
Time with friends is the best gift of all.

No comments: