“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Robin Egg Blue

While I was away, we had another family move in.
On our window sill.
On the second floor.A robin has taken over an abandoned nest that was built at least three seasons ago.
It was built.
Blew off.
Rebuilt, and then abandoned.Yesterday morning, I went to water plants on the window sill and startled the bird, who startled me.
When I took the first look, there were two eggs.
By afternoon, there were three.This afternoon there were four.
I have yet to get a picture of her on the nest, but now that I closed the wooden blinds, I hope to sneak up sometime and catch her before she flies off. I do hope she stays long enough to hatch her young.
We have a great view of it from inside the house.
She has a great view too.

3 comments:

Linda Myers said...

I've never seen a robin's egg! Thanks for the photo.

Kittie Howard said...

I've never seen a robin's eggs before either. They're gorgeous. You're could be there for their birth...exciting!!

Deere Driver said...

Still only four eggs today and mom is getting less nervous.