“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Earth Day

Today was a crisp day to be outdoors, but I got to warm myself up with three walks to enjoy my celebration of Earth Day.
What's fun at the farm is that I start with the dog, but then the cats join in.
They follow, then blast past.
Fight with each other, and then go to stalk something along the pond bank.
This is my last Earth Day on the farm.
Its been Earth Day everyday here.
Its been awesome.
 

3 comments:

Martha said...

Why is it your last Earth Day on the farm??

Deere Driver said...

Hi Martha!

Well - I sort of threw it in a few months ago that the farm was for sale as my husband had a job transfer. Actually, I'm not sure how or when I said it, but that's the story.

We have a lovely family that will be moving in next month and I think they will continue growing the farm with their young family. They are keeping the last four breeding does, the chickens and the barn cats, as well as my Deere! I'll still be Deere Driver though!!

I'll have to visit you in Brooklyn for my chicken fix. I'll be in CT and plan to get to NYC again like I used to.

Martha said...

Oh wow! That's a big change. Well, let me know when you are in town. Would love to meet you.