“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

THANKGIVUKAH

Well! Its a rare time when Thanksgiving and Hanukkah converge, and here we are on the eve, having a late dinner of lox, bagels and nachos! The last time these holidays converged was 1888, and I read that it will only happen three more times in the next 77,000 years. Crazy!

Tomorrow will be the traditional dinner with four generations of my family together for the first time that I can think of.  About as rare as THANKGIVUKAH!

My husband and I will celebrate with my mother, my daughter, her husband, and my grandson. It will be the first time for Oma to meet her almost one year old grandson Jacob, and for that I give thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Hanukkah!

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

How fun! Happy Hanukkah! Good yontif!

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Linda Myers said...

Happy Hanukkah!