“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Monday, March 23, 2009

Garden Clean Up Is Tiring I Guess?

This morning was still pretty cold even though the sun is bright and strong.
Noon and 36 degrees F.
I am making these observations because I am trying to figure out why the goats are lying around and not browsing like they usually do till their mid afternoon nap time.
Zola has an excuse for being lazy
- she looks like she's carrying a family in that belly
- due April 23.
About as soon as I finished my chores and walked away, they all started to lie down and nap. They are still lying around. This is unusual.

Finally got the piles of stakes and markers out of the fenced garden. We can till now.
The only thing I can come up with is that they wore themselves out eating yesterday. We let them into the vegetable garden and they had a great time cleaning up anything coming up green, as well as some of the dry left overs that didn't get pulled out before the snow and freeze last Fall. It was a feeding frenzy for new green growth.


Sunday afternoon cleaning the garden
Could it be that its like the day after you've been out to a great restaurant for a wonderful meal and you eat too much? You carry it around the next day in your gut, and all you want to do is nap. Or did they discover the catnip that was poking up? I hope they snap out of it soon.

No comments: