“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Sunday, May 2, 2010

To Tired to Photograph!

The past few days have seen the camera left behind, and as a result I have no boring pictures of the rearranging of mulch and manure piles, tilling of soil, and planting of the garden. We have been working hard while the weather warmed up, and I had to get the loader and tiller on and off, so that I could finally put the mowing deck on. That got done late today, and I spent at least an hour mowing in the light rain. The mowing is not done, but it was a good start.

So from the past few days - a smattering...Living totem pole, and... ...worshipers!
Sneaky barn cat - not in the barn!
Foster hens eating worms from where I cleared the wood chip pile. The chips are mulching the new elderberry bush plot. That is from where I removed the dill and coriander seedlings to put in the veggie garden.
The newest kids were doing fence training for two days while their mothers mowed the yard. By day two, they were waiting in line to go back to the barn. So smart!
Today we put the new families in a new spot with a shelter. The grass is knee high, and I lost little Ziggy at one time. He was laying in the deep grass behind his mother.Soon we will be transitioning the newest kids into the herd and they will be with the other twins. Its going to be fun!

No comments: