“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Time To Get Out The Fences

(This is a day late coming out. You Tube was doing maintenance when I tried to load the video.)
Tonight we moved an electronet fence near the barn with the purpose of getting the kids in the fields soon. That requires fence training so that in the long run, no goat gets seriously hurt.That requires some cringing on my part and shocked kids till they learn. Sometimes they even learn from each other because their yelps scare everyone around them into running to Mom! After seeing how Saba's two from Saturday are doing so well, we decided to get all six out there tomorrow. The temperatures should be in the low 50's F and a lot of the snow should be gone. As the newest twins will tell you, there is still plenty of snow to go though.

VIDEO OF THE SIX NEW 2011 KIDS PLAYING IN THE BARN - Fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdDVp97IA1Y

4 comments:

Linda Myers said...

Oh, my gosh. They are so CUTE! Amazing what 3-day-olds can do if they're goats.

Kittie Howard said...

OMG but the kids grew up fast! Love the videos, thank you! The fence you're talking about is one that no one sees, right? Several of the blogs I follow in the Southweat (yes, I'm a nature/animal nut, with no apologies) have this 'fence'. Takes some getting used to, even for me. I expect to see a fence, like a real fence (showing my age here.) Anyway, those blue eyes melt my heart.

Lois Evensen said...

Ohhhh, they are so darling! I just love watching them. Just wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Deere Driver said...

Kittie-
Did the next post answer the fence question?