“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Monday, August 13, 2012

On the Pond

Growing up in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, I used to fish for "sunnies" on the Conestoga Creek.  Sometimes we would travel to the Susquehanna River in Columbia to fish, and there we caught flathead catfish. I think that put an end to my fishing interests! Ugh!
Here are some shots from the pond this week-end.
A young neighbor brought his grandfather to share some quality time before school starts.




1 comment:

Kittie Howard said...

I've missed your pond! I love that last photo and the perfect reflection. What a perfect puzzle it would make! Anyway, it's been a long slug to get to this propped up moment. I had to really hustle to get my second novella prepared to send off for a copyright in June. Even though the copyright/patent office has been a moneymaker for some years, it took a cutback hit. I'll probably have to wait longer than the usual three months, a real bummer!

Hope you're doing well and have had an enjoyable summer. I'm off to check out some of your earlier posts.