“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Thursday, April 23, 2009

From Earth Day on Ligonier Living's blog

I wanted to duplicate this here yesterday, but time got in the way.
For my Canton friends whose kids shared their school years with mine, I wanted to get this on here. It made me think of you all! Love Ya!
---------------------------------------------
HAPPY EARTH DAY to YOU!
I have celebrated this day since 1970 and I guess its one of my favorite quiet celebrations. The day got sort of forgotten in the '80's and '90's, but I found ways to pass on the seed by planting seeds. I volunteered teaching my daughter's grade school classes about composting with egg shells and coffee grounds and recycling containers to plant in.
The best part was the garden of marigolds we planted at the school entrance that was there to meet them when they came back in the Fall.

Happy Earth Day!

P.S. --- and I want and Earth Day baby goat!

No comments: