“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Friday, March 26, 2010

Pecking Order

When I stepped out the mudroom door, I saw an loving image of these two snuggled up together. By the time I whipped out the camera, it was this. Never mind that they are cats and mother-daughter, pecking order is how the animals decide who is in charge and who gets the best food.
Yes. The ungrateful daughter, Snickers, is biting her mother's ear.
The goats are no different, which is why I have multiple grain bowls and hay locations. Eventually, everyone finds the place where they can eat in peace, but first there is the butting and head swinging.
VIDEO OF THE BREAKFAST BATTLE WITH THE NANNIES AND KIDS

There goes that peaceful scene you'd been imagining. Am I right?
The little ones have learned to stay out of the way of certain nannies when its breakfast time. The twins have fast learned to wait their turn, and eventually they will get the dregs for themselves.

No comments: