“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Resourceful

I've been keeping an eye on the goats in this early turn of snow and cold. One thing I notice about our young buck Ziggy, he doesn't stop eating. While the others in his herd go to shelter, he continues, head down in the snow. Today I got a few photos to better appreciate his resourcefulness. I found the little snow donuts amusing too.
But the fact of the matter is, he is finding green food under what looks like 3 to 4 inches of fluff.
This morning the whole crew was looking for food, and with some success.
Before I had the fences on, they checked out the weeds along the wires.
Not to worry though. They are getting extra rations in the barn, morning and night.

4 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

He's no dummy! That smart guy is eating right out of the "ice box!" Darling images. :)

Kittie Howard said...

Hmmm, sounds like Ziggy is giving Brees a run for his money (but Brees will always be no. 1 in my heart). Love the term Snow Donut.

Gosh, but you've got a lot of snow. As the crow flies, we're down the road. Yipes!

Linda Myers said...

What a weather contrast between the farm and Arizona!

Deere Driver said...

Hey! I'm not into this snow yet myself. Too much too soon as far as I'm concerned. Darned cold. Going through feed a bit too fast already too.

I don't need a white Christmas this year!