“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Empty Nest

Three...

Two... One... Flight! I actually got to see this last robin fly from the sill, to the fence rail, bounce off, and hit the tall grass in Jake's old field. I was so thrilled to be outside at the right moment. Here he hid while mom checked up on him. Finally I left him alone and went to find my next garden project, when suddenly I felt eyes upon me.
Robin Two!
In the VIDEO BELOW YOU HEAR THE MOTHER ROBIN CONSTANTLY chirping in the background.

With all the calling, the parent robin is not hard to find, so therefore neither are her babies. And without the window screen, we can finally see the details in these newest farm members.

1 comment:

Louvregirl said...

What great bird shots...I really enjoyed them.
lg