“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge

On the very small section of Rt 16 to get to our home on the Broadkill Beach Bay, we drive on a strip of road that takes us through one of the wetland ponds of  Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge.
It is a quietly beautiful place and a wonderful spot to see great sunsets.
Bringing home dinner one night, a variety of white waterfowl were just packed along the road area.

I was lucky to have no cars come for minutes as I drifted down the wrong side of the road to capture a few photographs.
Finally the birds had enough of my presence and flew to another area, and I got dinner home.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Great captures. I've been known to drift down a country road or two while taking pictures, too. :)