“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Jake and His Chickens

Oh! Hello! My name is Jake.
Let me come over for a serious talk about my chickens.
These girls are Bovan hybrids that lay pretty, fat, brown eggs. People rave about the eggs all of the time.
But let me tell you - quietly - the secret.
My pies. Really! They follow me around like groupies waiting for them to cool. I admit - I like the attention.
These girls can't get enough of them, because in them are my parasites and such, which to them are quite tasty.
And I have to say, they are doing me a favor.

The more they eat, the less I re-digest as I graze.

So the less I have to get that apple flavored medicine paste that the humans think is funny when I get it stuck all over my mouth.
Well if you are going to be grossed out about it, I'll leave!

No comments: