“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Friends and Food

Today I enjoyed visitors at the farm for brunch and a quick tour. The fresh eggs were stars in omelets, with the last red pepper from the garden, along with some other veggies and homemade breads.On our walk, Vinegar and Uno were assisting in the photography session. Luckily no photographers were electrocuted before I remembered to turn off the fences (but it was close!).
Neo just wanted to be in the middle of all these females!
The ladies bonded with the goats before going for a walk along the pond and in the barn to see the Massey Ferguson and the John Deere, and the wonderful beams. Then a quick ride into Ligonier. After a whirlwind tour, where even I discovered the newly arranged stores, and some new ones, the ladies headed back home to school bus stops and kids. I headed back to enjoy two of my favorite fun things - hostess gifts and leftovers. I've been nibbling all day - and night! Such treats! Thanks!

Loved sharing the farm today!
Love my other new hen this week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massey_Ferguson

No comments: