“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Scrambled Eggs and Herbs

My herbs are coming in, and some are already seeding.
Its hot, and its peak egg season.
Time for some quick recipes taking advantage of fresh from the farm, or garden, items.

I hate to do much cooking while I'm living in air conditioning (finally turned it on yesterday!), so I look for meals that require little or no cooking.
I follow Bitten, which is now Diner's Journal, on my side bar, and this showed up two days ago.

Soft Scrambled Eggs, Infused With Herbs

The photo reminded me of my mother's soft scrambles. The word "infused" sounded magical for some odd reason. So I started to read.

The first line read: I had the good luck to be at an herb garden this weekend. I read on.

There are two recipes. One takes five minutes,. The other 40. Both are scrumptious sounding, and when it cools, I will try the longer recipe. Five minutes over the stove is max for now!

Breakfast for dinner? I'm inspired.

Enjoy...and stay cool!

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, yes, breakfast for dinner always works in our house! The herbs in the eggs look good, too. That's what we do when we look in the garden or fridge (second choice) to see what's available to put in the eggs. It's always good. It's a lazy vacation day in air conditioning here. Thanks for the idea. I'm on the way to the kitchen to make brunch now.... :)

John said...

I must try this.

shoppowertools.blogspot.com