“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Westmoreland Fair Quilts

Monday I made it to the Westmoreland Fair. My main objective was to observe the Breeding Meat Goat competition,
but there are more than just animals at the fair. Crafts might be my third favorite thing about the fair. Second? The food. Come on! These are just a few of the quilts at the fair. Its a bit tough to photograph many of them because they are behind chicken wire screens. A bit of camera acrobatics was required to get some clean shots. I am working on a similar project (about a year now!). Tomorrow - the goats.

1 comment:

Kittie Howard said...

Love these quilts, don't know which one best as they're all so pretty. There's a quilt shop in my village that does quite well. I've often thought it would be fun to make one but don't have the time.

I gave you a shout-out on my blog. I see that Jayne stopped by earlier, yay!!