“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Conestoga Herb Guild Herb Fest

When I was in Lancaster a two weeks ago, I passed a sign that said, "Herb Fest".
Following up, I found my way there on the given day.
There were all sorts of herb crafts and foods.
Lots of lavender recipes and gifts. Demonstrations by friendly members.
Gifts to make for yourself to take home.

I even found a plant I'd never seen before, Ajuga Burgundy Glow, so it came home with me.
This was a well done "Fest", and it will be my pleasure to attend in the future.
One more September 11 remembrance.

3 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Have a German-born friend who lives near Manheim. She says the area reminds her of Bavaria. Both are slices of heaven. Our godson graduated from Penn State. We enjoyed a football weekend there. Joe Paterno lives in a simple house, the same person who first came to Penn State. Kinda nice.

(Almost made it to Lewes. Hub had to travel elsewhere. Later...)

Roxie said...

Sounds like a fun time! I would have enjoyed that herb fest.

Lois Evensen said...

What a fun day that must have been! I can almost smell the wonderful aromas, too.

Hugs,
Lois