“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good Morning, And Then ...

I had high hopes for clearing skies and solar heat early this morning.
The moon was on its way to bed, and the gloom seemed to be blowing its way east.
The sun was breaking out.
We all had smiles on our faces.
Some of us were too busy to smile.
Jock and I had the goats out, and the potential of a long walk, after my morning visit to the doctor.
Well, the gloom you see had a bigger friend arrive this afternoon, and brought some more rain, which we will not complain about.
So I am in with my knee up (same knee from earlier tales of woe), resting it after a cortisone treatment, that I PRAY will have me loosing my limp.
So perhaps a rainy day is good for healing and reading a good book.
Sorry Jock! Ah Well!

4 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

I hope your knee feels much better very soon. I just love that smile - I get similar smiles from my Labrador Retrievers. :)

Kittie Howard said...

I also hope your knee feels better. Want you fit as a fiddle going into winter ('cause I know you're going to be out tromping in the snow!)

Love that barn pic. And happy to see my babies enjoying life.

Oh, you're so sweet and generous, Deere. And you have a great idea...but we may have to re-direct it. Please let me know what you think.

Before these crazy baggage rules, I'd haul the books over. We traveled business, so had lots of leeway. Not so much now, especially since Macedonian Air (MAT) went bankrupt.

No thought of mailing the books over. May as well give the cat a box of mice. The books would be stolen and sold; if not, customs would slap a tax they couldn't pay up front, even if I got it back to them, a problem because mail's opened. I sent a $100 bill over in a pamphlet that never made it. The country's too dysfunctional for words.

Having said that, Decca, a follower near San Francisco (has a degree in the classics, volunteers in an animal shelter, has a lovely blog with great stories...A Case of Myth-taken Identity) commented she volunteers with a group that sends books to Malawi. One of their languages is English but they don't have English books. Perhaps we could link up and find a happy home for the books you have left over??? Please let me know. Hugs!

Roxie said...

Love the smile on that goat. I love my goats too...such personalities!!

Southwest Arkie said...

Love the goats and the barn- and hope your knee does feel better soon!