“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Freeze & Frizz

Visiting Lancaster last weekend, I was disappointed to not be able to go to the Lititz Freeze & Frizz for a cone. I was staying nearby, and it was right on the corner of Route 501 by the Lancaster Airport, about a mile down the road. Development is happening in that area like wild fire, and now all you find in its location is an empty field. Turns out, the business relocated a few miles away in downtown Lititz. I'm sure the town residents enjoy that.As I drove around, I found myself near my childhood home and another Freeze & Frizz, so I made the little detour there. This place was such a treat in my youth, and its hardly changed.
And lucky me - no line. That could be a first.The raspberry soft serve was wonderful!
Good memories.

No comments: