“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Friday, June 3, 2011

Heidi's Lavender Farm

Welcome! I managed to escape to a glorious place for a short while today. My trip was to dig a little bamboo for my garden.
That was not so easy, as the roots grow rather thick, about three or four inches down, parallel to the ground.
I could have used a small axe to cut the shallow roots.Before I dug up my plants, I got to walk around the many gardens that Heidi grows at her Saltsburg farm. There are some relaxing gardens, veggie gardens, and glorious flower gardens. There are even plants for sale. Inspiring!

4 comments:

Linda Myers said...

What an idyllic-looking place!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I really enjoy your pictures! thank you for sharing.

Lois Evensen said...

What a pretty farm. What beautiful flowers.

I have lavender growing at home, too, and will harvest some to make sachets.

Sunday hugs,
Lois

Deere Driver said...

I should pay attention to my lavender growth. Thanks for reminding me of that project Lois.