“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Weed Wackin' Goats

This is the new Clean Team. These are the three males I have left from this spring and my two year old wether, Pants, who is keeping them in line while we are weaning.
Today they needed a new clean area to eat, and we decided to put them to work doing something useful. Cleaning up around the barn ramp.
I do love driving my Deere and you can see me mowing into the sunset on many an evening, but I'm not so much into weed whacking. Hard on my back, even with my nice lightweight weed whacker. We just set up the electronet fence where we needed it, and soon enough, the goats found their way to the job at hand.


With industrious workers like these young kids, its more fun, and sometimes scary, to watch them do it.
They are such a great team, we are going to let them keep going at it tomorrow!

No comments: