“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cold- Its All Relative

Ya know its been COLD when 13 degrees ABOVE feels warm. Today was 13 BELOW when I got up and dinnertime was 26 degrees warmer.

The whole barn was frolicking in the temperature boost tonight. The kids were running to all corners of the stalls and barn, as we were feeding, watering and mucking. It was a circus. But it was good to see everyone perky and full of life again.

Then the cats must have been having a hey day in the upper barn chasing each other, or maybe chasing mice?? Their thundering over our heads made us stop and look up, till we figured out it had to be cats - not goats.

2 comments:

D said...

I look at the green picture of your farm arriving at the blog and can smell the green of it.

I read this post and felt I could smell the hay and the barn.


I've always loved the smell of a good well mucked barn. ;)

Deere Driver said...

Still the romantic!!