“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cooperation in the Warming Barrel...Its REALLY Cold...-14 this morning

To warm up the goats, I tried an experiment with warm oatmeal, apples, and Karo this morning. Pretty much a failure. Mia, the cat, licked the bowl though. At least someone appreciates my efforts.
As we were feeding and cleaning this morning, bit by bit, Snickers crept closer to the warming barrel. Word was, she was in there alone yesterday when Claire came in for the horse.It took lots of turning and fidgeting. I think that Snickers was really nervous about getting challenged. Mom (Layla) usually does, but she was busy eating.
I think her cuddling and cleaning woke them up and they actually licked back. I don't think they realized who it was.

Body heat is heat, no matter who is sharing...

VIDEO OF SNICKERS AND THE KIDS IN THE WARMING BARREL

VIDEO OF KIDS AND SNICKERS CUDDLING IN THE BARREL

So adorable all the kissing and cuddling.

2 comments:

Sandra Kay Miller said...

Don't those kid barrels rock? I'm not kidding until two weeks after the PASA conference.

Deere Driver said...

Well I've given credit to a "farm tour" for the warming barrels, but now everyone can see where I got the idea. Painted Hand Farm was the begining of my goat education. Thanks!!