“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Regional Trail Corporation (RTC) Retreat

Hannah Hardy, President of RTC and Peggy Pings from the National Park Service.
Yesterday evening and today, I spent my time with a group of really dedicated trail enthusiasts at workshops and brainstorming sessions. I'm putting a little slide show in the right column for a few days in your honor. Enjoy!
I was invited by Malcolm Sias from Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation to attend and learn. I am hoping in the future, the Ligonier Valley Trail will become part of the RTC, but we have work to do before we get there.
I want to say hello to a few people that I have met over the five years with the Ligonier Township Recreation Board, and thank them for their continued interest and support. Also I met a few new folks that I hope to consider friends as we work to similar goals in the future.

As to my dream of someday having a trail through the gorge between Latrobe and Ligonier, these are samples of a solution used in Collinsville, CT.
Farminton Valley Greenway: http://www.fvgreenway.org/

If you are coming to visit SW Pennsylvania, as I want all of you to do, please take a look at these sites and their links for fun things to do around here.


http://www.co.westmoreland.pa.us/parks/site/default.asp


http://www.youghrivertrail.com/regional_trail_corporation.htm

Soon, I am hoping to have a blog dedicated to information on the Ligonier Valley Trail. It'll be on my blog list, and hopefully the Ligonier Living blog when I get it rolling. It will be full of information, pictures and links to get our trail built and used. I'll move the slide show there too!
Stay Tuned!!

4 comments:

D said...

Now that's an exciting post!

Anonymous said...

Great meeting you on Saturday, and thanks for sharing ideas! I'm enjoying your blog...keep up the great work! When you get a chance, stop in West Newton Station on the Great Allegheny Passage.

Deere Driver said...

And what's great is how quickly things can be updated and expanded with a tool like this.

I hope to see a lot more of all the trails this year, but the Friday night presentation got me all excited about seeing the West Newton Station. What an accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed Friday night. I heard it was a good presentation!