“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Westmoreland Fair 2009

Pygmy goats in the Breeding Meat Goats category and their attentive owners.
Luree of International Carvers Learning to milkMilk is big at the fair
Its going to be another great day at the fair, and a busy day at home.
Perfect weather, at least so far.
Some of the final judging
Yesterday I did my best to help record the ribbon winners for the 4-H Meat Goat competition.
Shelby, Chris Hays, the Judge, and yours truly.
On the Pond Farm also sponsored the Grand Champion Breeding Meat Goat trophy for the second year.
Shelby's doe went after the ribbons for a snack. I saved it for now.
Congratulations to Shelby Homanics, from Rostraver, PA, representing Mountain View 4-H!

1 comment:

Deere Driver said...

I just want to correct the name of the judge. I think it is Daniel May from Fayette County.