“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Re-establishing Maternity

These pictures are from yesterday afternoon when I decided we all needed to get out of the cool barn, and see the sun. The kids are about 12-13 hours old.#2 on the left and the "Favorite Child" on the right, #1.
I think Layla is starting to pay a bit more attention to #2, but #1 is still the favorite child! #2 weighs 6 1/2 pounds to her sister's beefy 8 1/2. Layla is giving #2 more of a chance to nurse, and that is good, as she needs time to latch on. She is getting some milk, but I'd like her to get stronger sooner. I want to pull back so I am out of the picture for bonding until Layla gets back to her good maternal self. We are all mad at her and scolding her, but she was doing what nature requires. Survival of the fittest. This morning she was following after, and talking to both kids, but you can still pick up #2 without much complaint. Beware if you take #1!We're not out of the woods yet. So another day of coddling when needed.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

I love following the little ones. So precious.

Lois