“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Smoke On the Water

Is this where that song came from?
Anyway it reminded me of a picture from our visit to Yellowstone National Park a couple summer ago.
The sun is up and blazing this morning and I think I will get mowing done this afternoon. The fields need their paths blazed for walking the dog. Without them its pretty hard to not get totally soaked from the dew. We change our clothes enough times from the barn. Another time for wet clothes and I'd have four changes of clothing by noon. Cold morning flannel and my puffy vest with old sweats to shorts and T-shirt by lunch. Then if I have to leave the farm for errands, there is a whole other dress code - usually -unless its Lowes or Agway or the Tractor Supply!!
The barn swallows have made fast work of a nest this week. I know I checked the "noise" only a day or two ago and it looked like the dregs from last year.
Today we have a very industrious couple with a whole nest that I can see needs a bit more mud and its home.
I love this shot of the barn in the morning light.

No comments: