“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Monday, December 7, 2009

Feather and Ice

A single, floating feather caught my eye this morning, and within this picture is...
...a miniature ice forest,
...this prickly ice sculpture, ...
and the feather.
What a marvel!
Ever wonder where they get design ideas from? I think this textured glass idea came from the first freeze of the year on a pond somewhere.
The pools, probably from a morning duck visit, create an Escher quality for me.
Puddle (M.C. Escher).
As I walked around the pond, a bit more carefully this morning, the ice became even more beautiful in the weak sun's shine.
Without the feather, I would never have caught this reflection.

2 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

OMG! What incredible photos...each one is a treasure...there are nature calendars that don't have photos this beautiful...great work!

Deere Driver said...

Thank you!

Well worth the frozen toes from all the feather pictures I took. I was fascinated. Strange what grabs you sometimes, isn't it?

I like the calendar idea. Hmmm...