“A day in the country is worth a month in town”Christina Rossetti

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dark Days Challenge

Through my newest follower (Welcome Irani!), I checked out a few new blogs, and one that got my interest was amysflock. Particularly, the box in her right column that says quite boldly, DARK DAYS CHALLENGE. I had to look.
That will take you to (not so) Urban Hennery where you can read more about it. We are a bit late in the project, but it is a good idea to take a look at and think about, if you haven't already.
Interestingly, I FINALLY finished reading Barbara Kingsolvers's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle last week, and it has LOTS of help in how to deal with the Dark Days (Click on the title and you will see the web site where you can get the recipes and more.). It could also be a book I enjoyed the most in the past year, murder mysteries notwithstanding! I see its one of Amy's favorite books too.

We are back to snow and nasty wind chills, but we have a break of sun right now. Its a relief to see.

http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com/

No comments: